Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hey Universe,
a lot of things have happened since I have last been on this wonderful page that is my trip. I have obtained a date of departure, Saturday the seventh of August, and a suggested three stop plane trip which would span over the course of two days. Yes, yes it is all very exciting. I have also made contact with my host family, through an extraordinary use of e-mail and facebook. Paperwork is coming together and Dutch is being learned...sort of. I feel as if I am some sort of business women, e-mailing people I have never meet, signing things and overall being stressed out. When one decides to go abroad, in the beginning, he or she never really realizes the extreme mental catastrophes that they must endure. I believe at this moment in time the deadlines and the e-mails that take forever to answered and the most frustrating and stressful for a body. Right now however, the extreme excitement of my upcoming crossing of the pond rests over everything like a fine silver lining. My elation, though not always audible, makes everything worth the while.
So for now, my friends I must go and sit in my home in the rain and recite Dutch words and phrases out loud to myself in the dankness.

No comments:

Post a Comment